11/8/12

One Month Lessons

Some things that I have learned about motherhood in the first 4 weeks:

- Being a mommy is not an easy job.

- It is possible to function on a few hours of sleep.

- Getting out of the house with a newborn baby requires strategic planning.

- I am a pro at doing things one-handed.
- My left arm muscles are going to be big from holding baby girl all day.

- Cloth diapering service was a great choice!

- Baby girl has distinct cries for hunger, gas, and a dirty diaper.

- The first week was full of worry. I constantly checked to see if she was breathing. Glad I'm over that!

- Breastfeeding is HARD. I finally do not feel guilty about using formula.



- Baby girl likes to be wide awake at 4AM. I guess I can't blame her since her first day did start at 4:27AM.


- I love when she falls asleep on my chest. I could stare at her all day/night.

- Caley is the best thing that ever happened to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment